The battery industry is not far behind in the age of the blessing of science. They brought a touch of novelty in battery life. One of its examples is a hybrid battery. A hybrid battery is any other battery, except for its ability to be recharged. It has two electrodes that sit in an iron-rich solution.
Table of content…
- Diagnosis of low-performance cooling system of the hybrid battery
- Easy and Quick solution to Fix Cooling Performance of the Hybrid Battery Is Low
- Features Of Hybrid Battery
- Types of Hybrid batteries
- Disadvantages of Hybrid Batteries
In a hybrid battery, each electrode film prevents a short circuit. It is a battery cell that houses many individual cells. The battery of a cell phone is a single cell battery: anything larger than a cell phone houses two cells that offer more “Juice” to power the larger one, say a hybrid car. The hybrid battery has some extra features over standard batter: These are as followings:
Features Of Hybrid Battery:
- The hybrid battery has better taxonomy over the standard type of battery. Due to its pack of cells, it is separated by a polymer film which keeps the battery safe from short circuits.
- Hybrid batteries have fuel efficiency over standard types of batteries. This has happened because of its large part of the battery pack and it contains a lead-acid battery in addition to NiMH (Nickel Metal Hydride) battery, they use less fuel due to the NiMh battery.
- It is more environmentally friendly than the standard type of battery. Lead-acid batteries of standard batteries contain hazardous material which adds topic waste to the environment.
However, the cooling performance of the hybrid batteries can be low at times. What should you do then?
Just keep reading the article, we will let you know the quick and easy solution to the problem of cooling performance of the hybrid battery is low.
Types of Hybrid batteries
Hybrid batteries are two types: 1. Nickel Metal Hydride and 2. Lithium-ion. Both are considered as the more environmentally friendly lead-based standard batteries which constitute the bulk of petrol car starter batteries.
1. A nickel-metal hydride battery is a type of rechargeable battery. The chemical reaction at the positive electrode is similar to that of the nickel-cadmium cell (NiCd), with both using nickel oxide hydroxide (NiOOH).
However, the negative electrodes use a hydrogen-absorbing alloy instead of cadmium. A NiMH battery can have two to three times the capacity of an equivalent size NiCd, and its energy density can approach that of a lithium-ion battery.
2. Lithium-ion is one of the most popular types of rechargeable battery for portable electronics, with one of the best energy-to-weight ratios, high open-circuit voltage, low self-discharge rate, no memory effect, and a slow loss of charge when not in use.
Apart from the advantages of hybrid batteries, it also has a disadvantage. The major disadvantage of a hybrid battery is its low cooling system. There are many reasons behind low cooling systems.
There might be problems with hybrid systems, hybrid fault codes, filters of hybrid batteries, and cooling systems of hybrid batteries. There are two cooling systems of the battery, say air cooling and liquid cooling.
In air cooling, heat is transferred with air by a dispenser or blowing the air across the modules. Though air cooling is the simplest and cost-effective way of cooling a hybrid battery but less effective than heat transfer by liquid.
In liquid cooling, the coolant absorbs heat from the baseplate as it moves through the water block. After that, the baseplate keeps moving through the system.
Then, it comes upward with one of two tubes to a radiator. The radiator expresses the liquid to air and cools the battery. Besides the disadvantages of air cooling, it has some advantages over liquid cooling.
Disadvantages of Hybrid Batteries:
- It uses more mass.
- It may leak.
- It needs more components.
- It costs more, says maintenance and repair of liquid cooling.
Nowadays, the hybrid battery uses an air cooling system. This is the main reason behind its low cooling performance. This happened as the accumulation of sand over the filter of the hybrid battery.
If sand accumulated over it filters the air does not flow in his natural way so it acts as the main obstacle of a hybrid battery cooling system.
It is the matter virtue, if you go to a dealer with this problem; he/she charges 500-600 dollars. So we bring an easy and quick solution against a low cooling system of the hybrid battery.
Diagnosis of low-performance cooling system of the hybrid battery
The diagnosis of this problem contains three different steps. These areas followings:
- At first, you check the hybrid system, if you found that it’s the latest system, say production of this system is July 2015 so this system has no problem.
- Secondly, check hybrid control, if you found no fault code then the hybrid control has no problem
- Finally, you check the filter of the hybrid battery which you found on the right rear side of the car.
Easy and Quick solution to Fix Cooling Performance of the Hybrid Battery Is Low
At a glance:
Step 1: First of all, bring out the filter of the hybrid battery. ECOGARD XA5567 Premium Engine Air Filter
Step 2: Then clean the dust which accumulated on it with a blower.
Step 3: Finally replace it in the right place. If you are searching for the best hybrid battery, then check our recommended batteries from Amazon:
Let’s Wrap Up!
As you know, hybrid batteries are very popular all over the world for their plenty of advantages. But, if you find the cooling performance of a hybrid battery is low, then you must go through the aforementioned ways properly.